Brand Focus #1 : Too Faced

Hey again x

This week I thought I try something new and start a brand focus type of post. For the first one, I decided to start off with Too Faced. Too faced is a brand that is fun, girly and cruelty-free.The first thing that stands out to me from a too faced counter is most definitely their packaging. Besides the fact that they have the most adorable packaging their quality is surely amazing and you get your money's worth.Since Too Faced is a bit hard to get a hold of here in Malta I have only 4 of their products, but I hope it helps any of you who are thinking about purchasing any of these products.


Starting of the Chocolate Bar Palette;
this is most definitely one of the best neutral palettes I own, first of all, the scent of the shadows is amazing it almost makes you want to eat it. but from the beauty perspective, the eyeshadows blend beautifully and they don't contain a lot of fallout unless it's from the shimmery shades which are kind of expected but wetting the brush beforehand eliminates this.It contains 16 shades and could help anyone create a day or night look. This was one of my first higher end purchases and palettes and so I used it almost for every occasion and managed to create diverse looks and played with many colours. There are only about 3 shades I don't really use from the whole palette. This palette retails for around €45 from Sephora.

The second palette I own and one from their recent launches is the Sweet Peach Palette;
 this one has more purple, peachy pinks and bronze shades compared to the other one. Regarding the consistency and blendability of the shades, it is very much like the chocolate bar palette. It has 18 shades and retails for the same price. The palette is divided starting off with the more neutral shades and as you move along the palette the shades get darker, this, in my opinion, helps any beginners or anyone that is just starting to experiment in eyeshadow as to how they should build up the colour and as to which colours go where.The smell of this palette is obviously of peaches.


Both eyeshadow palettes are heavily scented so anyone who hates scented products would probably hate this fact but if you get passed this fact they are both of amazing quality.

Moving on the Mascara, I also purchased their well known Better Than Sex Mascara in the waterproof formula. This mascara knows how to hold a curl and most definitely doesn't come off easily. I don't have the shortest of lashes so it doesn't really make the greatest difference on me. But with a good curl and a good coat, I do not need to wear false lashes as the effect it gives is amazing and doesn't leave any marks or clumps on my lashes.This retails for around €25.

Lastly, is the Born This Way Foundation, I am in the Shade Porcelain. Definitely one of the most high coverage foundations I own as recently I have been a bit spotty and it managed to cover them up and counteract the redness. It is long lasting and doesn't really wear off, although I always wear a primer underneath so as to how it works on it's own I have not tested. The foundation in itself although being quite heavy coverage still manages to give a "natural" finish. I use this foundation when going out or if I have something rather as to an everyday foundation. This retails for around €40.

Even though I don't have any negative comments about this brand I haven't really tried much and always read reviews before splurging on new products. I would love to try more from this brand as till this date I have not been disappointed.Since Too Faced is not available in Malta all products were purchased from Sephora.

Hope you liked it, if there are any products which you have already tried from this brand please do let me know :)

Nicole xx

No comments:

Theme images by Shana Novak. Powered by Blogger.