Spring / Summer Essentials ☀️

Hey there, Another Month is over and technically 1/4 of the year is already over, which means spring is here and summer is pretty much around the corner now. With the weather changing and here in Malta already getting hot I thought I'd share a few pieces to get your summer regime kickstarted.


1.Sunblock 
Really and truly sunblock should be applied every day, SPF is very important to protect your skin, although you might see it as an extra step and a bore you could also invest in foundations, bb creams etc with SPF. I use the Ambre Solaire Dry Mist Sun Cream Spray in SPF 20, I don't currently have it as I finished mine recently and need to repurchase it , I added it to my daily skin care routine after my moisturiser. I spray a light mist on my hands and lightly message it into my skin. It is a very light consistency and does not feel heavy on the skin. After this, I apply my daily makeup as per normal

2.White Jeans
I honestly wear white jeans all year round if it's  a sunny day but during the summer months especially when a tan starts to show I love wearing a white jean. They can be very versatile and easy to wear on a day to day basis. Mine are from New look I bought them around 2 years ago, they have lasted quite a while although I do need a new pair. Shop similar.

3.Bright Shoes
In the warmer months, I opt for a more colourful option for shoes rather than just black and nude. Although these can be shoes you barely wear, you can opt for a pink which is a substitute for nude shoes if you aren't so daring with your shoe options. Make a Statement with your shoes!
Similar to mine :
Gazelles , Heels




4. Makeup Primers
Some people believe that primers are kind of useless but nevertheless, they make quite the difference or at least I notice that my makeup is much more long wearing when I have primer on. I am currently using the Body Shop all in one makeup primer, this is a very silicone based product but once applied blends in so seamlessly and blurs your pores, using these in the warmer months helps your makeup last longer.


5.Setting Sprays
Just like a primer, a setting spray is just as important to lock your makeup into place. After spending about an hour you do no want to leave the house and have your makeup slip away after half an hour. I  use the Gerard Cosmetics Slay all Day setting spray in Lavender, it is very strongly scented and so if you are someone that hates scents then these are definitely not the ones for you, The urban decay de-slick spray is also great, on the more pricier side but it has no scent. Both are amazing at keeping your makeup in place

Good Day !
Nicole x

No comments:

Theme images by Shana Novak. Powered by Blogger.