My Experience Backstage

This week I got to experience something I've always dreamt of since I was a little girl. I got the chance to work a fashion show with my current part time job in retail, I was helping out the models and getting to see the action backstage. On Wednesday I got to meet and help out the one and only Marisa Grima, she is not only an idol but truly an inspiration as to what I wish to do and become in the near future. I got to help her in making decisions with the outfits and due to the fact that I told her how much I like these things she was explaining to me the hard work and stress that goes behind every shoot, magazine spread, show that literally flies by, the prep work for such things takes longer than the actual thing in itself. Thursday, was show day and I got to see on a first-hand experience the final touch ups hours before the fashion show began in order for everything to be perfect. The show itself lasts for about 30 minutes or so, whilst the dedication, work, thought etc goes on for days. From a young age watching America's Next Top Model trying to imagine yourself in that situation, and actually being in it was a dream. Although this is something very small to have experienced, in reality, it truly showed me how deeply I love this Industry and how badly I want to go experience this in different countries.  I got to see what it's like behind the scenes and next week I shall be on the other end of things seeing the show. Having gotten to see things from both ends of the spectrum makes me appreciate more their hard work and dedication.

No comments:

Theme images by Shana Novak. Powered by Blogger.