Katy Perry Inspired Makeup look

So Last week I came across Katy Perry's Swish Swish video, being that Katy perry is very creative with her work this year and trying to be different I had to check it out and I fell in love with her eyes in this look. She had an orangy smokey eye matching the basket ball uniform made for the video.

So this was my first attempt and I was quite happy with the result;
Firstly, as always I  prep my face with the BodyShop All in one insta blur, then I move on to eyes, I always go in with the Mac paintpot in Groundwork as a primer all over the lids, then I worked the shade butter from the Jaclyn hill x morphe palette which is like a burnt brown shade in the crease to warm up the eyes, then to create the orangey tone I further blended the shade creamscicle a more orange base shade to create the orangey tones Katy had. I used the shade Queen from the same palette, a shimmery gold shade and packed it all over the lid. I then used the orange shade(the shade Citrine) from the Kylie Cosmetic Bronze Palette and worked it in the crease to keep the orange tones. To smoke out the eyes I used Hunts a redish brown shade , rather than using a dark black or brown to smoke out the eyes on the outer v to finish off. Then I went ahead and used the Kat Von D liquid Liner and did a winged liner curled my lashes applied the Too faced Better than Sex mascara and applied the Eyelure lashes in Cheryl no.114 and the eyes where done.

Moving on to brows as usual I fill them in with the Benefit Goof Proof pencil and set them with the Maybeline Browdrama browgel. I used a new foundation here,  the L'oreal cushion dewy glow foundation and it applied around 2 layers on certain areas depending on the coverage desired, the foundation is quite buildable. Followed by the Sephora High coverage concealer under the eyes and to cover any blemishes and blended everything out. Using the Makeup Forever HD powder i set everything into place and moved onto contouring using the ABH Contour palette and then bronzing the face using the Malibu soleil bronzer from the Becca x Chrissy face palette. Then added a flush on the cheeks using the Dior Blush in both vinatge pink and rose vinatge , I basically just swirl my brush in all the pan. Then to finish off I highlighted by firstly wetting the brush with setting spray and mixing the highliters from the Becca x Chrissy Palette and then adding the shade subsolar from the Sleek highlihting palette in Solstice.

For the lips I went for a peachy shade and used the Kylie Cosmetics lipkit in the shade Apricot and set everything using the Gerard Coemetics Slay all Day.

Hope you like this look x

No comments:

Theme images by Shana Novak. Powered by Blogger.